Servings: 8 Prep 10 mins Cook 50 mins Roast 450°F 20 mins Stand 10 mins
- 1 1/2 cups red rice (such asLundberg Wehani)
- 2 cups low-sodium chickenbroth (such as Pacific)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced into 1/2-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2/3 cup unsalted pepitas (hulled pumpkin seeds)
- 1/3 cup parsley, chopped
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees. In a large, lidded pot, combine rice, broth, 1 cup water and 1 tbsp of the butter. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook 50 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes, covered.
2. Meanwhile, toss butternut squash with oil, 1/4 tsp of the salt and 1/4 tsp of the pepper. Roast at 450 degrees for 10 minutes. Flip and roast for another 10 minutes or until browned.
3. Transfer hot cooked rice to a large bowl. Stir in remaining 1 tbsp butter, 1/2 cup of the pepitas, the parsley, remaining 1 tsp of the salt and remaining 1/4 tsp of the pepper. Gently stir in cooked squash. Garnish with remaining pepitas.
- If you can't find red rice, try brown basmati instead. it also works nicely with the pork's spicy rub.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 324, Fat, total (g): 13, chol. (mg): 8, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 45, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 11, sodium (mg): 389, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.