Prep 15 mins Slow Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6 hours
- 3/4 cup blanched almonds, plus more for garnish (optional)
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 ribs celery, finely diced
- 1 bag (16 oz) red lentils
- 2 large vegetable bouillon cubes, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Chopped cilantro for garnish (optional)
1. Combine blanched almonds, carrots, onion and celery in slow cooker. Pick through lentils and rinse. Add lentils to slow cooker along with bouillon cubes, curry powder, salt, garlic and 7 cups water.
2. Cover and slow cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6 hours. Uncover and puree with an immersion blender until smooth (alternately, transfer soup in batches to a blender and puree until smooth). Stir in heavy cream and heat through. Garnish with cilantro and additional blanched almonds, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 370, Fat, total (g): 16, chol. (mg): 31, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 40, fiber (g): 6, pro. (g): 18, sodium (mg): 675, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.