Servings: 8 to 10 Prep 25 mins Slow Cook 8 hrs on low-heat setting or 4 hours on high-heat setting
- 2 21 ounce cans Texas Ranchero pinto beans with jalapeno peppers
- 1 pound cooked turkey sausage, halved and sliced
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 12 ounces chopped collard greens (10 cups)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 small onion, chopped (1/3 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 small red sweet pepper, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- Polenta or hot cooked brown rice
- Light sour cream
1. In a 6-to 7-quart slow cooker, stir together beans, sausage, and corn; top with greens. In a small bowl, mix together vinegar, onion, garlic, red pepper, celery, and black pepper; spoon over greens. Pour water over all. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 hours. Stir; cover and cook 1 hour more.
2. Serve over polenta or rice and top with sour cream.
Tip For Easy Cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 338, Fat, total (g): 9, chol. (mg): 42, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 44, Monounsaturated fat (g): 2, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 2, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 9, sugar (g): 5, pro. (g): 19, vit. A (IU): 1263, vit. C (mg): 17, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 24, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 1511, Potassium (mg): 249, calcium (mg): 131, iron (mg): 3, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.