Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Total Time 40 mins
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Put the butter in a 10-inch cast iron skillet. Place the skillet in the oven for about 6 minutes or until butter is melted and the skillet is very hot.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl whisk the eggs, milk, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla until combined. Add the flour and whisk until smooth.
3. Once the butter is melted remove the skillet from the oven and carefully swirl it so the butter coats the plate. Pour in the batter. Scatter the raspberries evenly over the batter.
4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the edges are browned and the top is golden brown. Let cool for about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 198, Fat, total (g): 11, chol. (mg): 158, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 18, Monounsaturated fat (g): 3, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 2, sugar (g): 4, pro. (g): 8, vit. A (IU): 435, vit. C (mg): 6, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 52, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 68, Potassium (mg): 139, calcium (mg): 65, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.