- 1 cup red quinoa, rinsed
- 1 1 ounce packet taco seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, halved and sliced
- 2 red sweet peppers, cut into strips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, and peeled
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 12 6 inches corn tortillas, warmed
- Shredded lettuce
- Fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
1. In a medium saucepan combine 2 cups water, the quinoa, and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. Remove lid and simmer 5 minutes more or until quinoa is tender and the liquid is absorbed.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat the oil medium heat. Add the onion and sweet pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and lightly charred, about 12 minutes. Season with 1/8 tsp. each salt and pepper.
3. In a food processor combine the avocado, sour cream, lime juice, and 1/8 tsp. each salt and pepper. Cover and process until smooth, stopping and scraping down sides as needed.
4. To serve, top tortillas with quinoa, charred vegetables, lettuce, and avocado sauce. Sprinkle with cilantro, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 493, Fat, total (g): 16, chol. (mg): 7, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 77, Monounsaturated fat (g): 7, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 3, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 13, sugar (g): 10, pro. (g): 12, vit. A (IU): 2537, vit. C (mg): 87, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 2, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): 1, Folate (µg): 159, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 702, Potassium (mg): 710, calcium (mg): 95, iron (mg): 4, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.