Yield: 2 loaves Prep 30 mins Bake 350°F 1 hr 5 mins to 1 hr 10 mins
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cans (15.75 ounces each) sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
- 2 cups packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups golden raisins
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange juice
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 8-1/2 x 4-1/2 x 2-1/4-inch loaf pans.
2. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in bowl.
3. Stir together potatoes, brown sugar, butter, eggs and rind in bowl. On low speed, alternately beat in flour mixture with juice, beating until well blended. Stir in pecans and raisins. Turn batter into pans.
4. Bake in 350 degree F oven 65 to 70 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool pans on wire rack 15 minutes. Remove loaves to rack to cool.
5. Beat sugar, rind and juice in bowl until smooth. Drizzle over cake. Makes 2 loaves.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 265, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 28, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 43, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 4, sodium (mg): 266, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.