This savory quick bread recipe, flecked with bits of spinach, makes three small loaves. You can also make standard or mini muffins from the batter.
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees . Spray bottoms of 3 mini loaf pans (5 1/2 x 3 inches).
2. In large bowl, whisk together flour, cheese, sugar, baking powder, basil, onion powder, salt and pepper.
3. In medium-size bowl, whisk egg, milk and oil until blended; stir in spinach. Make a well in flour mixture; pour in egg mixture. Fold or stir gently until dry ingredients are just moistened.
4. Spoon 1 cup batter into each pan. If desired, sprinkle 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan over each. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
5. Remove pans to wire rack to cool for 5 minutes. Run a metal spatula around edges. Remove bread; cool on rack. Cut each loaf into 10 slices.