Servings: 16 Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices) Prep 15 mins Bake 350°F 1 hr to 1 hr 10 mins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded, peeled, cored Granny Smith apples (about 2 small)
- 1 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shelled walnuts, chopped
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In medium-size bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, pie spice, baking soda, salt and cayenne.
3. In large bowl, beat together butter and sugar until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs; beat for 1 minute. On low speed, beat in flour mixture alternately with milk; beat just until combined. Stir in shredded apple. Fold in shredded cheese and walnuts. Spoon into 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan.
4. Bake in 350 degree F oven until toothpick inserted in center tests clean, 60 to 70 minutes. Transfer pan to wire rack; let bread cool in pan 10 minutes. Turn bread out onto rack; let cool.
5. Store bread well wrapped at cool room temperature for up to 2 days. Makes 1 loaf (16 slices).
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 16; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 226, Fat, total (g): 13, chol. (mg): 50, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 24, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 5, sodium (mg): 210, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.