1. Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Place medium-size cast-iron skillet (measured 8 inches across top) in 450 degree F oven to heat.
3. Whisk together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium-size bowl.
4. Whisk together the milk, 2 tablespoons of the melted butter and the egg in a small bowl.
5. Stir milk mixture into flour mixture until evenly moistened. Fold in corn kernels, pimiento and scallions until evenly distributed.
6. Using an oven mitt, carefully remove the hot skillet from the oven. Brush the bottom and sides of hot skillet with the remaining 1 tablespoon melted butter (butter will sizzle as soon as it hits the skillet). Pour the batter into the skillet, spreading it to the edges of the pan. Sprinkle top with the paprika.
7. Bake in 450 degree F oven 20 to 25 minutes or until the top of the corn bread is golden and begins to crack slightly.
8. Remove skillet to wire rack and let corn bread cool 10 minutes. Invert skillet onto cutting board; remove skillet, leaving corn bread on cutting board. Cut corn bread into wedges and serve warm with Bourbon Chicken (www.familycircle.com). Makes 8 servings.