Servings: 12 Yield: 12 slices Prep 20 mins Bake 350°F 50 mins
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon each crushed dried basil, thyme, rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. Sprinkle with flour; tap out any excess.
2. Combine the 3 cups flour, Parmesan, pine nuts, baking powder, baking soda, basil, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper in large bowl.
3. Whisk together buttermilk, tomato paste, oil and egg in medium-size bowl. Add to flour mixture; stir until no traces of flour remain. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
4. Bake in 350 degrees F oven for 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Transfer pan to wire rack to cool for 10 minutes. Turn bread out onto rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 12; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 245, Fat, total (g): 12, chol. (mg): 22, carb. (g): 28, pro. (g): 9, sodium (mg): 423, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.