1. Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Mix flour, baking powder, herbs, salt and baking soda in large bowl.
3. Cut in shortening with pastry blender until consistency of coarse cornmeal. Add buttermilk; stir with fork until dry ingredients are just moistened.
4. Drop rounded tablespoons of batter onto 2 ungreased baking sheets, spacing about 1-1/2 inches apart for total of about 24 biscuits.
5. Bake in 425 degrees F oven 12 to 14 minutes, until browned; halfway through rotate sheets, front to back; switch rack positions. Serve warm.