Dried apricots add their tangy flavor as well as colorful flecks of gold to this quick bread recipe.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat nonstick 9 x 5 x 3-inch pan with cooking spray.
2. Combine apricots, raisins and water in bowl. Let stand 15 minutes, until most of water is absorbed.
3. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda in large bowl.
4. Mix milk, butter and egg in measuring cup.
5. Make well in flour mixture; add milk mixture, dried fruit with remaining water and nuts. Stir liquid into flour mixture just until evenly moistened. Scrape into pan.
6. Bake in 350 degrees F oven 60 to 65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pan on rack 5 minutes. Turn bread out on rack; let cool.