Servings: 4 Start to Finish 30 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 eggplant (1 pound), diced into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 red pepper, diced into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 zucchini (1 pound), diced into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 15 ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Polenta (optional)
1. Heat oil in a large, lidded nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add onion and saute for 5 minutes. Add garlic, eggplant and red pepper; cover and cook for 10 minutes. Mix in tomatoes, zucchini and thyme, cover again and cook for 12 minutes.
2. Stir in beans, parsley, salt and pepper, and heat through. For a heartier meal, serve with polenta.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 229, Fat, total (g): 8, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 35, fiber (g): 11, pro. (g): 8, sodium (mg): 229, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.