Servings: 4 Active Time 35 mins Total Time 35 mins
- 8 ounces dried fettuccine
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Weekend-Prepped Tomato Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Basil leaves
1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. In a very large skillet heat the oil over medium heat. Add the beef, carrot, and celery. Cook until the beef is browned and the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes, stirring to break up the beef as it cooks. Add the tomato sauce, 1/4 tsp. salt, and pepper to taste. Simmer, partially covered, for 10 minutes. Serve the sauce over the pasta. Top with basil leaves.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 514, Fat, total (g): 19, chol. (mg): 85, sat. fat (g): 8, carb. (g): 52, Monounsaturated fat (g): 8, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): 1, fiber (g): 5, sugar (g): 8, pro. (g): 32, vit. A (IU): 4312, vit. C (mg): 25, Thiamin (mg): 1, Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 11, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): 1, Folate (µg): 174, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): 3, sodium (mg): 841, Potassium (mg): 1037, calcium (mg): 60, iron (mg): 5, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.