1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 16 muffin cups with paper liners.
2. In a bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until smooth. Add eggs, vanilla and 1/4 cup of the milk; beat 3 minutes, until fluffy. In three additions, alternately beat in flour mixture and remaining 1/2 cup milk. Spoon scant 1/4 cup into each liner.
3. Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
4. Blend whipped topping and pumpkin pie filling. Spoon into a pastry bag fitted with a medium-size round tip. Insert into top of each cake, about 1/2 inch deep, and squeeze until top starts to rise slightly.Frosting
5. Microwave chocolate and coffee for 30 seconds. Stir, then microwave 15 more seconds. Stir until smooth; add 4 pieces of butter at a time and stir until smooth. Let stand until spreadable consistency.
6. Frost cupcakes; chill until set.