Servings: 6 Prep 20 mins Total Time 40 mins
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 12 ounces dried elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 2-quart baking dish with 1 Tbs. of the butter. Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and return to pot.
2. While macaroni cooks, melt the remaining 2 Tbs. butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and whisk until combined. Whisk in milk, mustard, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Add pumpkin and cheddar cheese. Cook and stir until creamy, 1 minute. Remove from heat.
3. Pour sauce over pasta and stir to coat. Transfer pasta to the prepared baking dish. In a small bowl, stir together breadcrumbs, Parmesan, and oil. Spread evenly over pasta. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the topping is golden brown and pasta is heated through. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 454, Fat, total (g): 19, chol. (mg): 43, sat. fat (g): 10, carb. (g): 55, Monounsaturated fat (g): 6, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 3, sugar (g): 6, pro. (g): 16, vit. A (IU): 6851, vit. C (mg): 2, Thiamin (mg): 1, Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 5, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 161, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 445, Potassium (mg): 329, calcium (mg): 261, iron (mg): 3, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.