Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Cook 15 mins Slow Cook on HIGH for 4 hours
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups whole farro (not pearled)
- 4 cups unsalted vegetable stock
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1 box (10 oz) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
1. Melt 3 tbsp of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, 3 minutes. Stir in garlic; cook 2 minutes. Add wine and farro; cook 1 minute or until most of the wine evaporates. Transfer to slow cooker.
2. Stir in vegetable stock, pumpkin, 4 tbsp of the Parmesan and the sage. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours. Uncover and gently stir in peas, remaining 1 tbsp butter, the salt and pepper. Spoon into bowls and top with walnuts and remaining 2 tbsp Parmesan.
Tip For easy cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 436, Fat, total (g): 17, chol. (mg): 24, sat. fat (g): 6, carb. (g): 55, fiber (g): 14, pro. (g): 16, sodium (mg): 663, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.