1. Heat oven to 375 degrees . Coat a 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray. Line pan with wax paper; coat paper with spray.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
3. In a large bowl or in a stand mixer, whip eggs at medium speed until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. On high speed, beat in granulated sugar 1 tbsp at a time until thick and lemon-colored, about 5 to 7 minutes. On low, beat in pumpkin puree. Fold in flour mixture in 2 batches. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
4. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes, until cake springs back slightly when pressed. Meanwhile, sift 1/4 cup of the confectioners sugar over a clean kitchen towel. When cake is done, loosen edges and immediately invert onto prepared towel. Remove pan and wax paper. Sift remaining 1/4 cup confectioners sugar over cake. From a short end, roll up cake with towel, jelly roll fashion. Cool completely on a wire rack for at least an hour.Filling
5. In a small saucepan, whisk pumpkin puree, egg yolk and 3 tbsp of the granulated sugar. Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently (mixture should reach 160 degrees ). Transfer to a medium bowl. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
6. Once cake is cool, gently unroll. Whip 1/4 cup of the heavy cream with 1 tbsp of the remaining granulated sugar to stiff peaks. Fold into filling and spread over cake. Re-roll without towel.Frosting
7. Whip remaining 1 1/4 cups cream with remaining 2 tbsp sugar to stiff peaks. Spread over cake roll. Dust with a little pumpkin pie spice, if desired. Refrigerate until serving.