- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 12 ounces skinless boneless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup unsweetened light coconut milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, plus more to taste if desired
- 3 cups packed baby spinach (3 oz.)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 cups steamed basmati rice
1. Heat 2 tsp. olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until just done, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. Reduce heat to medium. Add the remaining 2 tsp. olive oil to the skillet along with the onion, ginger and garlic. Cook and stir until onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in coconut milk, pumpkin puree, 1/2 cup water, curry powder, salt, and cayenne pepper. Simmer, uncovered, over medium-low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add chicken back to the pan along with spinach and continue cooking until the greens have just wilted, 1 minute. Stir in lime juice. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 335, Fat, total (g): 11, chol. (mg): 62, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 33, Monounsaturated fat (g): 4, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 4, sugar (g): 4, pro. (g): 24, vit. A (IU): 10955, vit. C (mg): 12, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 9, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): 1, Folate (µg): 61, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 363, Potassium (mg): 560, calcium (mg): 65, iron (mg): 3, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.