- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 3 - 4 pound boneless pork shoulder, trimmed of fat and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 4 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Buns or soft rolls, for serving
- Barbecue sauce, for serving
- Sweet Corn Slaw, for serving (recipe below)
1. In a small bowl, mix together the smoked paprika, brown sugar, salt, pepper, and cayenne. Rub the spice mixture all over the pork. In a small bowl stir together the honey and vinegar.
2. Scatter the onion and garlic over the bottom of a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker, and top with the pork. Pour the honey mixture over the pork. Cover and cook for 4 1/2 to 5 hours on high or 9 to 10 hours on low or until the meat is tender and shreds easily with a fork. Using a slotted spoon, remove meat and onions from cooker to a large bowl. Shred meat. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Add enough of the cooking liquid to moisten the meat.
3. Pile the pulled pork onto buns, and drizzle with barbecue sauce. Top with the sweet corn slaw, or serve it on the side.
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups shredded green or red cabbage
- 2 cups fresh or frozen yellow corn kernels, thawed
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, honey, garlic, salt and pepper. Add the cabbage, corn kernels and green onions, and toss to combine.
- This slaw can be made up to 6 hours in advance. Cover and refrigerate.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 14; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 359, Fat, total (g): 11, chol. (mg): 60, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 40, Monounsaturated fat (g): 3, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 3, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 2, sugar (g): 15, pro. (g): 24, vit. A (IU): 179, vit. C (mg): 12, Thiamin (mg): 1, Riboflavin (mg): 1, Niacin (mg): 6, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 65, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): 1, sodium (mg): 692, Potassium (mg): 565, calcium (mg): 105, iron (mg): 3, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.