Dried cherries and cherry juice give this classic recipe a new spin. Prepared in the slow cooker, this creamy dessert will be ready and waiting when you get home.
1. Combine water, rice and evaporated milk in a 2- to 3-quart round slow cooker.
2. In a small saucepan, cook the sugar and milk over medium-high heat for 1 minute or until bubbles appear around the edges and the sugar has dissolved. Stir into slow cooker with salt. Cover and cook on LOW for 4-1/2 hours.
3. While rice is cooking, bring cherry juice to a boil and pour over cherries in a small bowl; let stand 10 minutes. Drain, reserving juice.
4. Stir in the cherries, 3 tablespoons juice, cinnamon and nutmeg into slow cooker; cover and cook on LOW for 20 minutes more.
5. Turn cooker off and allow pudding to cool, partially covered, for 30 minutes.