Here's a twist on a traditional holiday recipe. It starts with croissant pastries and ends with a sprinkling of coconut and chocolate chips.
1. Whisk together egg yolks, eggs, milk, coconut milk, sugar, coconut extract, vanilla extract and salt.
2. Coat a 2-1/2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Cut croissants in half horizontally. Place bottom halves, cut- side up, in prepared pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and coconut. Cover with top halves of croissants, cut-side down. Pour egg mixture over top. Top with baking sheet weighed down with cans so croissants get pressed down and submerged in liquid. Let stand 30 minutes.
3. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove baking sheet used as weight.
4. Cover pudding loosely with foil. Place pudding pan in a larger pan on oven rack. Pour hot water into larger pan to reach depth of 1 inch.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour. Remove foil; bake an additional 30 minutes or until temperature registers 160 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer. Carefully remove dish to wire rack; cool slightly. Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.