Servings: 4 Prep 10 mins Cook 9 mins Broil 6 mins
- 1 cup orzo
- 1 6 ounce bag baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons scallions, trimmed and chopped
- 2 olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/2 plus 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 5 ounces pork rib chops, bone in
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Herbes de Provence seasoning
1. Heat broiler. Coat a broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Cook orzo following package directions, about 9 minutes. Stir in spinach just before draining. Place in a large serving bowl. Stir in scallions, olive oil, lemon juice, zest, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and the pepper. Cover with plastic wrap. Set aside.
3. Season pork chops with remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt. Spread mustard and evenly sprinkle Herbes de Provence seasoning over both sides of chops. Broil for 3 minutes per side or until internal temperature registers 145 degrees F.
4. Serve pork chops with orzo and a green salad if desired.
- Sub in boneless, skinless chicken breast for pork chops and broil 4 inches from flame for about 6 minutes per side or until temperature registers 165 degrees F. Instead of baby spinach, stir a 6-ounce bag of mixed salad greens into orzo.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 437, Fat, total (g): 16, chol. (mg): 73, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 39, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 33, sodium (mg): 583, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.