Servings: 4 Hands On 15 mins Total Time 30 mins
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 6 ounce jar marinated artichokes, drained and sliced
- 4 slices prosciutto, torn into bite-size pieces
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. In a large pot of lightly salted boiling water, cook the penne according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the tomatoes and season with pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 to 8 minutes or until tomatoes have broken down. Add the artichokes and prosciutto. Heat through. Stir in the pasta. Serve topped with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 337, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 6, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 49, Monounsaturated fat (g): 5, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 4, sugar (g): 6, pro. (g): 12, vit. A (IU): 945, vit. C (mg): 18, Thiamin (mg): 1, Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 5, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 152, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 730, Potassium (mg): 444, calcium (mg): 47, iron (mg): 3, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.