1. In a shallow dish combine 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, 1 tsp. kosher salt, and 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper. Whisk an egg in a second shallow dish. Place weekend-prepped pretzel crumbs in a third shallow dish. Starting with 1 lb. thinly sliced pork cutlets, dredge one cutlet in the flour mixture, dip in the egg, and then dredge in pretzel crumbs, coating all sides. Place on a baking sheet. Continue with the remaining cutlets.
2. Heat 2 Tbs. olive oil in a very large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the cutlets and cook 3 minutes. Turn cutlets and add an additional 1 Tbs. oil to the pan. Cook 2 to 3 minutes more or until golden brown and no longer pink, reducing heat, as needed, to prevent over-browning.
3. Meanwhile, cook 1 lb. trimmed fresh green beans in salted, boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain and toss with 1/4 cup weekend-prepped vinaigrette. Serve pork with green beans.
- Make the vinaigrette. In a small jar, vigorously shake together 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 Tbs. red wine vinegar, 2 tsp. minced shallot, 1 tsp. Dijon-style mustard, 1/2 tsp. honey, and 1/8 tsp. kosher salt. Refrigerate.
- Process 2 cups mini salted pretzels in a food processor until mostly ground into fine crumbs. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- If you can't get pork cutlets, place four 4-oz. boneless pork loin chops between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Using a meat mallet, pound pork to 1/2-inch thickness.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 422, Fat, total (g): 23, chol. (mg): 110, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 23, Monounsaturated fat (g): 15, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 3, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 4, sugar (g): 5, pro. (g): 32, vit. A (IU): 855, vit. C (mg): 14, Thiamin (mg): 1, Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 11, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): 1, Folate (µg): 74, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): 1, sodium (mg): 406, Potassium (mg): 736, calcium (mg): 61, iron (mg): 3, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.