This dense, fine-textured pound cake is so rich and buttery that all you need to frost it with is a drizzle of orange icing.
1. Heat oven to 350 F. Butter and flour 10-inch tube pan. Tap out excess flour.
2. Beat butter in bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in sugar until fluffy, scraping down bowl. Add eggs, one at a time. Beat in extract and rind.
3. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Gradually beat into butter mixture on medium speed, alternating with orange juice. Beat 2 minutes, scraping down bowl occasionally, until thick and creamy. Pour into prepared pan.
4. Bake at 350 F for 35 minutes. Lower heat to 300 F. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack 15 minutes; turn cake out on rack; cool completely.Drizzle:
5. In a bowl, whisk confectioners' sugar and thinned juice until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cake. Let dry before slicing and serving.