This holiday cake is just sweet enough to accent the zesty orange and cranberry flavors. Serve it for brunch, midmorning coffee breaks, or afternoon teas.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 12-cup bundt pan with solid vegetable shortening and dust with flour. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, blend cake flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
3. In another large bowl, beat butter and sugar on medium-high speed until smooth, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla extract and zest until combined.
4. On low speed, beat in flour mixture, alternating with orange juice, in three additions, beginning and ending with flour. Beat on medium-high speed for 2 minutes. Stir in dried cranberries. Pour into prepared pan.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Turn cake out onto rack and cool completely.
6. Beat confectioners' sugar, corn syrup and milk in medium bowl until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cake. Allow to stand until set.