1. Combine buttermilk, coconut, cilantro, garlic, salt and pepper in electric blender. Whirl at high speed until pureed. Pour into heavy-plastic food-storage bag.
2. Loosen skin on chicken legs. Pull back from meat, leaving attached.
3. Add the chicken legs to bag, squishing to coat with the marinade. Push out all air; seal and marinate in refrigerator overnight.
4. Remove chicken from bag. Pull skin back over meat.
5. Grill or broil 6 inches from heat for 45 to 50 minutes or until no longer pink near bone, turning legs over halfway through cooking. Garnish with cilantro and serve with ramen noodles and a cucumber-red onion salad. Makes 4 servings.