Servings: 4 Prep 20 mins Cook 12 mins
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, cut into slivers
- 1 sweet green pepper, cut into 1/2-inch squares
- 3/4 pound boneless, skinned chicken breasts, cut in 3/4-inch-wide strips
- 1 tomato, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup Chinese duck sauce OR: apricot basting sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups cooked parsleyed brown rice
1. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet. Add onion; saute 2 minutes. Add pepper; saute 3 minutes.
2. Increase heat to medium-high. Stir in chicken pieces; saute 5 minutes or until no longer pink in center. Stir in tomato, duck sauce, ketchup, vinegar, soy sauce and cornstarch mixture. Bring to boiling; cook, stirring, until thickened, about 1 minute. To serve, spoon over rice. Makes 4 servings.