1. Combine drumsticks, tomatoes, tomato sauce, onion, tomato paste, green olives, capers, Italian seasoning, salt, black pepper, hot-pepper sauce and pepper flakes in slow cooker. Cover.
2. Cook on low heat 7-1/2 hours. Uncover. Check temperature of drumsticks; instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part of drumstick without touching bone should register 160 degrees F to 170 degrees F. Once turkey reaches the proper temperature, add red wine. Remove turkey drumsticks to platter and let cool.
3. Crush the tomatoes in the slow cooker with back of spoon. Increase heat to high. Cook, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
4. Once turkey has cooled slightly, remove meat from the bones; add meat back to slow cooker and discard bones.
5. Cook, uncovered, 5 to 10 minutes or until sauce has thickened slightly. Serve with a bowl of grated Parmesan cheese on the table and crusty bread. Makes 4 servings.
6. VARIATION FOR PUTTANESCA STEW 1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. 2. Combine turkey drumsticks, tomatoes, tomato sauce, onion, tomato paste, green olives, capers, Italian seasoning, salt, black pepper, hot-pepper sauce, pepper flakes and wine in 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish. Cover with foil.3. Bake in 350 degree F oven for 60 to 70 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of drumstick without touching the bone registers 160 degrees F to 170 degrees F. Remove the turkey drumsticks from dish; cool slightly. 4. With the back of a spoon, crush the tomatoes in baking dish; cover dish and return to 350 degree F oven.5. When turkey is cool enough to handle, remove meat from bones. Remove baking dish from oven; stir in turkey. Cover dish; return to oven to heat through, 10 to 15 minutes.