Servings: 8 Prep 10 mins Chill 1 hr
- 3/4 cup pimiento-stuffed green olives, drained and chopped (4-1/2 ounces)
- 1 large ripe tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium-size round Italian or sourdough bread, about 9-inch diameter, 1-1/4 pounds and no more than 3 inches in height, cut horizontally in half
- 1/4 pound sliced salami
- 1/4 pound sliced provolone
- 1/4 pound sliced honey-roasted turkey
- 1/4 pound sliced American cheese
1. In a medium-size bowl, mix together olives, tomato, olive oil, celery, garlic, vinegar, oregano, parsley and pepper. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
2. Spoon 1 cup of the olive mixture over the bottom half of the bread. Layer on salami, provolone, turkey and American cheese. Top with remaining olive mixture. Cover with top of bread. Wrap in plastic and place on baking sheet. Weight down with heavy pot. Let stand 1 hour at room temperature. If desired, remove plastic and cut into 8 wedges. Place wedges back together to form round and rewrap in plastic. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
3. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 462, Fat, total (g): 25, chol. (mg): 40, sat. fat (g): 8, carb. (g): 40, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 19, sodium (mg): 1524, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.