Yield: 24 kabobs Prep 20 mins Chill 1 hr Broil 5 mins
- 24 wooden skewers (6 inches long)
- 2 containers (6 ounces each) low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup low-fat (1%) milk
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped scallions (about 2 large)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot-pepper sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut lengthwise into thin strips
1. Soak skewers in water.
2. In medium-size bowl, whisk yogurt, milk, lemon juice, scallions, mustard, basil, sugar, garlic, salt, black pepper and pepper sauce. Remove 1-1/3 cups; refrigerate.
3. Add chicken to remaining yogurt mixture. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour.
4. Heat broiler. Thread chicken strips onto soaked skewers. Coat broiler-pan rack with nonstick cooking spray. Place skewers on rack.
5. Broil skewers 4 inches from heat 3 minutes. Turn over and broil until cooked through, 2 minutes. Remove to serving platter. Serve with reserved yogurt mixture as dipping sauce.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 48, Fat, total (g): 1, chol. (mg): 17, sat. fat (g): , carb. (g): 2, fiber (g): , pro. (g): 7, sodium (mg): 114, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.