Servings: 5 Prep 15 mins Cook 5 mins Slow Cook HIGH for 5 hours or LOW for 7 hours
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds beef chuck for stew
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pkg (8 oz) cremini mushrooms, cleaned and quartered
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 cup thawed frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons snipped chives
- 1 pkg (24 oz) prepared mashed potatoes
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Toss beef with 2 tbsp of the flour, 1/4 tsp of the salt and the pepper. Add beef to skillet and brown on all sides, 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
2. Meanwhile, coat a 4-quart slow cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray. Add mushrooms, onion, carrots and garlic. Season with remaining 1/4 tsp salt. Stir in broth and wine, then browned beef. Cover and cook on HIGH for 5 hours or LOW for 7 hours.
3. Scoop 1/2 cup liquid from slow cooker and whisk in remaining 1 tbsp flour. Stir back into slow cooker along with thawed peas and 1 tbsp of the chives. Cover slow cooker and keep warm.
4. Heat potatoes as per package directions. Stir in remaining 2 tbsp chives and 1/4 cup warm water. Spread potatoes over filling and serve.
Tip For easy cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 5; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 503, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 76, sat. fat (g): 7, carb. (g): 38, fiber (g): 6, pro. (g): 35, sodium (mg): 886, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.