Servings: 8 Prep 15 mins Cook 32 mins
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 leeks (white and light green parts), cleaned and thinly sliced
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth (such as Pacific)
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 pounds Bartlett pears, peeled, cored and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Creme fraiche or sour cream (optional)
- Sliced chives (optional)
1. Melt butter over medium heat in a large, lidded pot. Add leeks and cook 7 minutes, until softened. Add chicken broth, potatoes and pears. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook 25 minutes.
2. Using a handheld blender (or a countertop blender, in batches), puree soup until smooth. (If using countertop blender, return mixture to pot.) While still hot, stir in brown sugar and salt.
3. Ladle soup into 8 bowls. Garnish with a dollop of creme fraiche and sliced chives, if desired.
- Save time and let flavors deepen: Make soup in advance and store, airtight, in fridge.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 213, Fat, total (g): 3, chol. (mg): 8, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 46, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 4, sodium (mg): 622, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.