Servings: 4 Prep 25 mins Total Time 55 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced leeks
- 1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 quart low-sodium chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 pound russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1. In a 6-quart pot, heat oil on low. Add leeks, celery, onion, and garlic. Cook until vegetables are tender, about 7 minutes. Add stock, potatoes, and bay leaf; bring to a boil. Simmer until potatoes are tender, about 12 minutes.
2. Remove and discard bay leaf. Let soup cool slightly. Transfer soup to a blender or food processor. Cover and blend or process until smooth.
3. Return soup to pot. Season to taste with salt and pepper; heat through. Serve soup in bowls and garnish with parsley.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 175, Fat, total (g): 7, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 25, Monounsaturated fat (g): 1, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 5, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 3, sugar (g): 3, pro. (g): 5, vit. A (IU): 948, vit. C (mg): 26, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 1, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 52, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 385, Potassium (mg): 512, calcium (mg): 51, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.