Servings: 8 Yield: servings Prep 20 mins Slow Cook on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for 7 hours Microwave 4 mins
- 3 1/2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) vegetable broth
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pound broccoli florets, cut into bite-size pieces
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar, shredded (white or orange)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Snipped fresh chives
1. Combine potatoes, onion and garlic in slow cooker. Add 1 can of the broth, the evaporated milk, 1/2 tsp of the salt and the nutmeg. Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for 7 hours.
2. Place broccoli in a microwave-safe bowl and add 1/2 cup water. Cover with plastic and microwave 3 to 4 minutes, until tender. Set aside 11/2 cups of the broccoli; add remaining broccoli to slow cooker along with remaining can of vegetable broth and 1 cup of the cheddar. Puree with an immersion blender until completely smooth.
3. Stir in remaining 1/2 tsp salt and 1 cup cheddar, reserved broccoli, the sour cream and pepper. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with chives just before serving.
Tip For easy cleanup:
- Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 385, Fat, total (g): 15, chol. (mg): 54, sat. fat (g): 10, carb. (g): 47, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 16, sodium (mg): 988, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.