Makes: 4 servings. Prep: 10 minutes. Cook: 20 to 21 minutes.
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season pork chops with 1/4 teaspoon of the black pepper and the salt. Saute for 3 minutes per side. Remove to a plate and reserve.
2. Add onions to the skillet and cook over medium-high heat for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add peppers and celery and continue to cook for 3 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes with their juice and the remaining black pepper. Bring to a simmer. Tuck in the pork chops and any accumulated juices. Cover and simmer on medium-low heat for 8 to 9 minutes or until internal temperature registers 150 degrees on an instant-read thermometer.
4. Heat rice and serve alongside pork.Per Serving:
5. 501 calories; 17 g fat (4 g sat.);
6. 35 g protein; 50 g carbohydrate; 4 g fiber;
7. 296 mg sodium; 89 mg cholesterol.