1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Coat chops with half the flour.
3. Heat oil in flameproof casserole or Dutch oven. Working in batches if necessary, add pork chops; cook until well browned on both sides, about 6 to 8 minutes. Pour off fat from pan.
4. Add chicken broth, marjoram, bay leaves, sweet potato and turnips to pan. Bring to simmering. Cover.
5. Bake in 375 degree F oven for 30 minutes. Add apples. Cover and bake 20 minutes or until pork and potatoes are tender.
6. With slotted spoon, remove pork, potatoes, turnips and apples from pan to serving dish; keep warm. Discard bay leaves.
7. Stir together vinegar and the remaining tablespoon flour in a small bowl. Stir into juices in pan. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer, whisking occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until thickened.
8. Season to taste. Pour over pork and vegetables, or serve on the side. Makes 4 servings.