Makes: 8 servings at $3.24 each. Prep: 15 minutes. Refrigerate: 1 hour. Roast: at 450 degrees for 1 hour 30 minutes. Broil: 5 minutes.
1. Whisk nectar, vinegar, sugar, garlic, chutney, ginger, anise and salt in bowl. Place ribs in large plastic food-storage bag; add half of nectar mixture to ribs; reserve other half. Refrigerate ribs 1 hour to marinate.Ribs:
2. Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Open foil bag; place on jelly-roll pan. Sprinkle flour on bottom of bag; add ribs, stacking, with marinade; discard plastic bag. Double fold foil bag to seal.
3. Roast ribs in 450 degrees F oven 1-1/2 hours. Place reserved other half of nectar mixture in small saucepan.
4. Remove oven bag from oven. Increase oven temperature to broil. Carefully open bag, avoiding steam. Let ribs cool slightly; then remove to greased broiler-pan rack.
5. Pour drippings from bag into cup; skim fat. Add to nectar mixture in pan; whisk in cornstarch. Boil 3 minutes until clear, stirring. Remove from heat. Spoon some over ribs.
6. Broil ribs 1 inch from heat 5 minutes, until slightly crisped. Cut ribs apart. Serve with sauce on side.*Note:
7. The butcher can cut these.