Servings: 4 Yield: about 7-1/2 cups Prep 10 mins Cook 25 mins
- 1 medium-size onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon dried leaf thyme, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seeds
- 2 cans (13-3/4 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen lima beans
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen whole-kernel corn
- 6 ounces reduced-sodium ham, diced (1 cup)
- 1 1/4 cups instant potato flakes
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Saute onion in butter in large saucepan until tender, but not browned, about 3 minutes. Add thyme and celery seeds; saute 30 seconds more. Add broth, lima beans, corn and ham. Bring to boiling. Lower heat; cover and boil gently 15 minutes.
2. Whisk in potato flakes until liquid is thickened and smooth. Gradually stir in half-and-half and pepper. Heat to serving temperature. Makes 4 servings (about 7-1/2 cups).