1. Bring pot of water to boiling.
2. Meanwhile, cut zucchini in half lengthwise. With spoon, carefully scoop out flesh, leaving 1/4-inch shell all around. Finely chop pulp. Place in bowl.
3. Slip zucchini shells into boiling water; cook until tender, about 6 minutes. Line a large tray with paper toweling. With a slotted metal spoon, remove zucchini to paper-towel-lined tray to drain.
4. Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add the onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until slightly softened. Add the chopped zucchini, basil, rosemary, thyme and red-pepper flakes; cook, stirring occasionally, for about 7 minutes. Remove the skillet from the heat. Mix in the bread, half of the cheese, the salt and pepper.
5. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
6. Spoon the zucchini stuffing mixture into the zucchini shells, dividing equally. Sprinkle the tops of the stuffing with the remaining shredded cheese, dividing equally. Arrange the zucchini boats on a baking pan.
7. Bake in 375 degree F oven for 10 minutes or until the zucchini and stuffing are heated through. Makes 6 servings.