Servings: 4 Prep 15 mins Cook 30 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces shrimp, shelled, deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup uncooked Texmati rice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1 cup (about 6 ounces) leftover ham, cubed`
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large skillet. Add shrimp and 1/4 teaspoon oregano; saute until just cooked, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove shrimp.
2. Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in same skillet. Add sweet red pepper, onion and garlic; saute for 3 minutes, until just tender.
3. Stir in the rice, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon oregano and broth. Cover; simmer 15 minutes. Stir in tomatoes with juice, salt, pepper flakes and ham. Cover; simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes, until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Return shrimp to skillet; heat through, about 1 minute. Sprinkle with cilantro. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 336, Fat, total (g): 6, chol. (mg): 97, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 48, pro. (g): 22, sodium (mg): 1059, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.