These Cajun-spiced sandwiches make a great game-day snack. Make this mouthwatering pork recipe overnight in your slow cooker to reduce preparation time the next day.
1. Rub pork with steak seasoning.
2. Place pork in slow cooker bowl. Scatter onion and celery around pork and pour 1/4 cup of the vinegar over top. Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
3. Remove pork from slow cooker and cut into chunks. Let stand until cool enough to handle.
4. While pork is cooling, strain contents of slow cooker over a fat separator, setting vegetables aside. Pour defatted liquid into a small saucepan.
5. In a small bowl, stir together remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar with cornstarch. Bring defatted liquid to a boil over medium-high heat. Whisk in vinegar mixture and 1 tablespoon of the Cajun seasoning. Boil 1 minute, or until thickened.
6. Using two forks or your hands, pull pork into shreds, discarding excess fat. Place meat in a bowl and stir in vegetables. Add thickened liquid and toss to combine.
7. Stir together remaining 11/2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning and mayonnaise. To serve, place 1/2 cup pork mixture on each bun and top with
8. 1 tablespoon spiced mayo.