Servings: 6 Prep 10 mins Cook 27 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound presliced sweet peppers (about 1/2 inch wide)
- 3 tablespoons dried chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon prechopped garlic
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 6 1/2 ounce can chopped clams, drained and liquid reserved
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) clam juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 packets Sazon seasoning (check in Spanish section of market)
- 1 pound large shrimp
- 1/2 cup prediced smoked ham
- 1/2 pimiento-stuffed green olives
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
1. In large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add peppers; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 5 minutes. Add dried onion, garlic and rice; cook 2 minutes. Stir in reserved clam liquid (save clams for step 2), clam juice, water and Sazon seasoning. Cover; simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Stir in chopped clams, shrimp, ham, olives and peas; simmer, covered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Remove from heat. Let stand, covered, 10 minutes; all the liquid should be absorbed. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 297, Fat, total (g): 7, chol. (mg): 109, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 38, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 20, sodium (mg): 926, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.