Yield: 5 dozen skewers Prep 15 mins Broil 2 mins to 4 mins
- 60 wooden skewers (6-inch)
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 pounds chorizo, sliced (about 60), or other precooked spicy sausage
- 2 pound large shrimp (about 60), shelled and cleaned
1. Soak wooden skewers in pan of water overnight.
2. To make dipping sauce, heat jam and water in small saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring to mix.
3. Heat oven to broil.
4. Place 1 slice of chorizo in center part of a cleaned shrimp. Slide a skewer through shrimp and chorizo. Place on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining shrimp and chorizo.
5. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes per side or until shrimp is cooked through. Serve with apricot dipping sauce. Makes about 5 dozen skewers.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 30, Fat, total (g): 1, chol. (mg): 21, sat. fat (g): , carb. (g): 2, fiber (g): , pro. (g): 3, sodium (mg): 60, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.