Servings: 6 Prep 15 mins Bake 425°F 10 mins Cook 10 mins
- 1/2 pound hot Italian sausage
- 1 ready-to-use thin-crust Italian pizza bread shell (10 ounces)
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 sweet green pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (about 3/4 cup)
- Fresh basil, for garnish
1. Place oven rack in lowest position. Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat 12-inch pizza pan with cooking spray.
2. Cook sausage in nonstick skillet over medium heat 10 minutes. Remove; let cool. Slice in thin rounds.
3. Place crust on prepared pan. Spread with tomato sauce. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and Parmesan.
4. Arrange sausage, onion and sweet peppers over sauce. Sprinkle Jack cheese over pizza, leaving a 1- to 2-inch border around edge.
5. Bake on lowest rack in 425 degree F oven 10 minutes to heat through. Garnish. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 245, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 23, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 25, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 14, sodium (mg): 779, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.