Servings: 4 Prep 10 mins Cook 26 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound Cajun sausage (or kielbasa), sliced into coins
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can stewed tomatoes, Cajun style, or diced tomatoes with mild green chiles
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain rice
1. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil, then sausage, onion, pepper and celery. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion is soft. Stir in seasoning and bay leaf; cook 1 more minute.
2. Add tomatoes, broth, 1-1/2 cups water and rice; bring to a boil, then cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Remove bay leaf.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 476, Fat, total (g): 13, chol. (mg): 40, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 71, fiber (g): 4, pro. (g): 18, sodium (mg): 1092, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.