Servings: 14 Prep 15 mins Cook 1 hr 30 mins
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 pound sausage, casings removed
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 cups thinly sliced onion
- 2 cups thinly sliced sweet green pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 28 ounce can Italian plum tomatoes, in puree
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 15 ounce cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 1/4 ounce can dark-red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1. Heat oil in large Dutch oven. Working in batches, saute sausage and ground beef until browned, about 10 minutes. Transfer to plate.
2. Add onion, green pepper and garlic; cook 10 minutes. Add chili powder, cumin, sugar and salt; cook 1 minute. Return meat to pot. Add canned tomatoes and water. Cover; simmer 1 hour. Stir in beans; heat. Makes 14 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 14; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 221, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 35, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 22, pro. (g): 17, sodium (mg): 566, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.