Servings: 12 Prep 15 mins Cook About 12 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage, casing removed, crumbled
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 ribs celery, including leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 6 ounce boxes corn bread stuffing mix
- Fresh sage for garnish, optional
1. In a large skillet or large, deep pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the sausage, onion, celery and carrot. Break up sausage with wooden spoon. Saute for 12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add water, apple juice, diced apple and poultry seasoning, stirring to combine. Bring to a simmer.
2. Turn off heat and stir in stuffing mix. Cover and allow to stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and serve.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 12; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 223, Fat, total (g): 10, chol. (mg): 15, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 27, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 7, sodium (mg): 698, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.