Servings: 4 Prep 10 mins Cook 10 mins
- 4 slices ready-to-serve precooked bacon (1/2 ounce total), finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion, frozen or fresh
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic, jarred or fresh
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1. In large saucepan, cook chopped bacon over medium heat to render the fat, about 2 minutes.
2. Add the onion; saute until lightly golden and softened, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic; saute a few seconds or until fragrant. Add pumpkin puree, chicken broth, salt, pepper and nutmeg; stir to combine. Gently simmer the mixture to combine the flavors, about 5 minutes.
3. Stir the heavy cream into the pumpkin mixture in the saucepan; gently simmer to heat through, about 1 minute.
4. Remove saucepan from heat. Stir in the cheese and parsley until the cheese is melted. Serve the bisque immediately. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 375, Fat, total (g): 33, chol. (mg): 108, sat. fat (g): 18, carb. (g): 12, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 10, sodium (mg): 1351, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.